The Jonang Standing Council
Vision of the Council
The Jonang Standing Council for the Benefit of the Buddha's Teachings and All Beings was organized in 2005 in response to a consensus among the main elder Jonang exemplars inside Tibet/China that a committee be formed in order to guide the future of the Jonang tradition through collective wisdom.
Purposes of the Council
- Building alliances and collaborative efforts among Jonang establishments
- Sustaining the distinctive Jonang heritage of the Kalachakra Tantra and zhentong contemplative view
- Overseeing the development of institutions that support Jonang monastic education inside Tibet/China
- Facilitating the emergence and flourishing of the Jonang tradition within the wider international community
- Hosting the Annual Zhentong Assembly and events that encourage understanding of Jonang thought and practice
- Publishing seminal Tibetan texts of the Jonang literary corpus
- Translating selected works of Jonang Tibetan literature into foreign languages
- Gathering annually to discuss collective future plans and project
Role of Jonang Foundation
Jonang Foundation was established in 2005 in order to support, and serve as a liaison organization for the efforts, aims, and decisions of the Jonang Standing Council and elder exemplars of the Jonang tradition in general, both within Tibet and internationally.
Events & Projects
- Annual Zhentong Assembly: A Discussion of the Definitive Secret Zhentong Madhyamaka from Shambhala and the Jonang Tradition
- Jonang Publication Series: A series of Jonang books selected from sutra and tantra works on the secret definitive meaning found within Jonang Tibetan Buddhist literature.